Are you one of the people who are bored with your current shower? If so, then our list of the best shower diverter valve is undoubtedly going to help. This article will provide an overarching recommendation that should make it easy for you to decide. By the end of it, you will precisely know what will be the finest for your shower.
Shower diverters are mechanical devices that regulate several factors. For example, this device can administer water flow, water pressure, temperature, and the direction of water flow. All of these factors come down to the personal desire of the user.
The market for shower diverters is all-encompassing. They offer different materials, color, surface finish, and overall aesthetic for the customers. So it boils down to what you find to be appropriate. For which we will exhibit the best products from the industry.
Types Of Shower Diverter Valves And Their Functions
Various types of shower diverters are available in the market with different serviceabilities. Here are some of the most customary ones.
- Two Valve Diverter: These diverters allow both hot and cold water to enter the shower. But you can only use the showerhead or the tub spout at the time.
- Three Valve Diverter: Three valve diverters are similar to two valves with one clear distinction. At the same time, you can use the showerhead and tub spout altogether.
- Tee Diverter: Tee valve or single valve diverter is connected to the tub spout. Pulling up the handle allows water to go on top of the showerhead.
- Thermostatic Valve: These are the new types of diverter valves in the market. They allow you to set the exact temperature of the water. Other functionalities are similar to general diverters.
Features Of A Good Shower Diverter Valve
Features are the aspiration of a great product. Therefore, a suitable diverter valve needs to have a combination of these attributes.
- Built Quality- Full metal built is the most desired attribute. Some can be made from high-quality plastic. No matter what, it should feel sturdy and pristine.
- Material-The material is rust and corrosion-free. Metal like brass, nickel, chrome is used extensively. It also handles temperatures well.
- Design- The design is ergonomically sound, and the user interface is easy to understand. Chrome finish is trendy among diverters.
- Control- It controls water pressure flow, the direction of flow, and temperatures quickly. Other controlling mechanisms can also be available depending on the product.
- Pressure Balance- The item that balances water pressure to the desired level is essential. From very high levels to lower and smoother levels of pressure can be achieved.
- Compatibility- The product should be compatible with the conditions of your shower. Shower diverters are made using standard fittings joints in the market.
The Best Shower Diverter Valves Reviews
There are different types of diverter valves in the market. If you have your preference, you are surely looking for a perfect showerhead with all those qualities. Here are some most wanted Shower diverter valves below. To know furthermore and choose a perfect valve you should read those.
01. Pfister Shower Diverter Valve
Pfister015-38BC is a 4 port diverter valve. It has a dimension of 6.5 x 5 x 2 inches overall. It weighs around 2 pounds which makes it a hefty item for the shower. There is a single handle attached in the front that rotates clockwise and counterclockwise.
It can be used in a tub, roman tub, and shower valve. It has a polished chrome finish that looks very stylish. The diverter valve regulates water flow to around 2.5 gallons per minute in regular use.
02. Moen 3 Way Shower Diverter Valve
Moen 3 way shower diverter valve is a statement piece in your shower. It is an item made from nickel with a brushed nickel finish on the exterior. It has a dimension of 8.69 x 7.31 x 4.25 inches and weighs 1.7 pounds.
Two solid metal lever handles come along with it. The product is generally used for overhead shower and tub spout. It has a limited lifetime warranty that ensures its longevity. It needs to be mounted on the wall.
03. Delta Shower Faucet with Diverter
Delta Faucet brings a 3 setting shower handle piece that is as good as it gets. A confident and elegant presence is its inherent quality. Weighing 2 pounds with a 10.25 x 4.5 x 4.5-inch dimension. The item has one handle and one hole.
The color and finishing of this product are brilliance stainless. It is made from zinc, so there is no issue with rust or corrosion. However, the installation requires other items which need to be purchased individually.
04. Delta Faucet Shower Diverter
Delta Faucet Integrated shower diverter is a bit different than the other products in this list. It has a significant and coherent presence, matched with a 9.13 x 8.38 x 5 inches dimension. This 3.1-pound piece is mounted on the walls of your shower.
It has various mixed finishes overall. Brass is used to making the product in the first place. A limited lifetime warranty is assured. The diverter valve is used for overhead showers and tub spouts.
05. KOHLER Shower Arm Diverter
Kohler is one of the most renowned brands in the sanitary market. The mentioned arm shower diverter is a metal and plastic hybrid. It has metal on the inside and a plastic body on the outer periphery. Also, the diverter can regulate water flow to 2.5 gallons per minute.
The product is lightweight with a footprint of 6.4 ounces and 4.06 x 3.13 x 2 inches. The color is polished chrome with the same finishing. The company also provides a limited lifetime warranty.
06. Hammerhead Showers All Metal 3-Way Shower Arm Diverter Valve
This unit from Hammerhead Showers is an exciting category of diverter valves. These valves are connected at the top of the fixed shower head. A 3 way connection means you can use each of them individually or both at once. Brass is the main component used to make this product.
It has a dimension of 2.5×1.81×1.5 inches and weighs around 5.6 ounces. A ½’ NPT connection means it is compatible with all shower arms and heads. The valve has a chrome finish.
07. Do it Bathtub Shower Diverter Spout
If you are looking for a no-nonsense and straightforward diverter, then look no further. Do It Best comes with a shower diverter spout that will eliminate sophisticated fittings. It is an inexpensive yet effective device that many people will consider over other units in this article.
The product has a smaller footprint of 9.6 ounces with 7.8 x 4.37 x 3.27 inches. And can be mounted to the wall and has one handle. The diverter stands at the bottom of the spout. It is made out of plastic.
08. Bleiou G1/2″ 3-Way Universal Bathroom Shower Arm Diverter
Bleiou G ½” 3-way universal bathroom shower arm diverter is a standard product with many caveats. It is 5.6 ounces. Its dimensions are 3.4 x 2.6 x 1.9 inches. The standard connector G ½” fits almost all every shower hoses there are.
The product is made from great quality brass and has a chrome finish. The handle is made out of solid metal. The unit offers a limited lifetime warranty to the customers. So you can be assured that it will last you quite a while.
09. KES SOLID Brass Shower Arm Diverter Valve
KES Sanitary Ware showcases a universal bathroom shower diverter with this offering. A beautiful display of design and elegance is front and center in this item. It has a dimension of 3.9 x 3 x 2.2 inches and weighs approximately 9.6 ounces. The solid metal lever handle allows water pressure control by rotational movement.
It has a universal connection of two G ½” male outlets and one G ½” female inlet. This also comes in three colors, brushed nickel, matt black, and polished chrome. It is a 2 way diverter valve that is made out of brass.
10. Clawfoot Tub Faucet with Shower Diverter
The last unit on our list of the best shower diverter valves is an extravagant display of luxury. It has a considerable dimension of 7.2 x 9.1 x 6 inches and weighs an enormy7.13 pounds. That is heavy in terms of diverter valves. It is a 3 function transfer valve trim.
It has a wall mount profile and can regulate 2 gallons of water every minute. And used for overhead showers, tub spouts, etc. The product comes in 8 different colors. They are antique brass, brushed brass, brushed nickel, matte black, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass, polished chrome, and polished nickel.
How To Choose The Best Shower Diverter Valve
Shower diverters are once in a lifetime purchases. For which the unit has to pass some desired threshold. Here are some important ones.
- Durability- Rough and tough usage is standard practices with these products. The item should be able to handle daily use for extended periods for a long time.
- Solid Construction- It should have a metal construction with a superb surface finish. Brass, chrome, nickel are preferable as they have higher longevity and endurance.
- Parts and Instructions- The product should include other secondary components for easy installation. Instruction manuals provide the framework and step-by-step process for installation.
- Rust Resistance-Metals that are free from rusting is the ideal choice. Rust resistance is a fundamental characteristic that should be addressed.
- Overall Quality- Small incremental factors become crucial for the overall quality of the product. So looking for the overall quality is essential.
How To Install Shower Diverter Valve Quickly And Easily
There are many options when you want to install shower diverters in your shower. Some products do not need any professional assistance. So you can install it pretty quickly with some tiny house tools. The instructions manual details all the step-by-step processes.
However, more extensive and complex units have to be handled professionally. So if it has various parts and complex fittings, it’s better to call a plumber or sanitary professional.
1.What is the best shower diverter?
Here are the top 3 choices.
- Pfister 015-38BC 4-Port Diverter Valve with Solid Metal Lever Handle
- Moen T4111BN Kingsley Moentrol Shower Valve with 3-Function Integrated Diverter Valve
- Delta Faucet R22000-WS Multichoice Universal with Integrated Diverter Rough, None, Pack of 1
2.How do I know if my shower diverter valve is bad?
- Insufficient water supply
- Inability to control the temperature of the water.
- Leaks and insufficient water supply.
3.Do I need a diverter valve?
If you want to
- Control the water flow pressure
- Control the amount of water flow
- Have the desired temperature
Then it would be best if you had a diverter valve.
With that, we come to the end of our prolonged discussion of the best shower diverter valves. With so many brands and devices, it might be hard for you to choose one. Or you might have come across the ideal unit meant to be installed in your shower. In both cases, you have all the required information to make the purchase. For many, it’s not a single feature but a combination of features that seals the deal. Make sure that you take both aesthetic beauty and technical proficiency into account. The combination of which becomes your ideal fit.